QuickBooks Hosting Basics
November 20, 2014Posted by on
What if there was a way to access all of the features and power of your QuickBooks at any time, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, and from any Internet connection in the world? Would that be fantastic? Well now, there finally is a way.
The above scenario is exactly what accounting professionals get with QuickBooks hosting—the power of QuickBooks in the cloud. QuickBooks hosting offers all of the same robust features as desktop versions of the software, but virtual hosting can also offer additional benefits.
In short, QuickBooks hosting is a secure cloud that is fully set up and optimized for QuickBooks applications. Now, instead of businesses being constrained by their office computers and being limited in how, where, and when staff can access QuickBooks, companies can now have access via the cloud. That means multiple users can access data from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. THAT is empowering!
Benefits of QuickBooks Hosting
QuickBooks hosting is truly a cutting edge, revolutionary concept for the 21st century. Accounting professionals are now able to save an inordinate amount of time, resources, energy, and money.
With QuickBooks hosting, organizations no longer need to spend funds on massive or multiple servers at their on-site locations. All hosting is done by a third-party provider.
Accountants can collaborate on documents more effectively with clients, or they can collaborate with other users from multiple locations in real time. This allows businesses to concentrate on serving clients and working more effectively instead of dealing with issues accessing QuickBooks only from an office computer, one user at a time. In addition, there is no need to handle technical software issues yourself, as the third-party provider offers customer support.
Users can access QuickBooks from web-enabled sources including Linux, Windows, Mac desktops, laptops, tablets, and even smart phones.
All of the company’s data is backed up on the cloud; consequently, information to the organization is never lost due to on-site hardware malfunctions, cyber attacks, or natural disasters.
What to Look for in a QuickBooks Hosting Provider
When searching for a QuickBooks Hosting Provider, it is important to find a company that offers the best user experience. Here are a few additional things to look out for:
- Avoid companies that use shared servers. By doing so, it guarantees an added layer of protection and also keeps all data confidential, safe, and secure.
- In addition, ideally one should find a company using multiple servers, which delivers even better redundancy and avoids data loss.
- Although it’s virtually impossible to find a company that guarantees a 100% uptime, finding a provider with as close to a 100% uptime as possible is ideal.
- Search for companies who have an “Authorized Commercial Hosting” designation for Intuit.
- And finally, the adage “you get what you pay for” is true. An extremely “bargain basement” price may not guarantee good customer service, good customer support, or even a good product. Always equate overall price to overall value.
By Alan Segars, Hosting specialist at MyownASP.com, leading provider of hosted Sage ERP Solutions in the United States and Canada.